Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Newtown Tragedy

On Friday morning, I finished a blog post.  It was a normal day and it was a normal post, about traveling with the boys.  Before I posted it, the news broke about the horrendous massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, CT.  Like so many of you, I sat stunned, weeping in front of my television as the story unfolded.

There is nothing that I can say that hasn't already been said.  Like you, my heart is broken for these families.  It seemed absurd (and still does) to post my story about my kids, while parents in a town so much like my own, have lost their children in a way so unthinkable that it has (once again) stopped our nation in it's tracks.

Unlike these families, I have the luxury of going back to life as normal.  My kids are safe and sound and my problems are small.  I will post on my blog again soon. Right now, it just doesn't feel right.

1 comment:

  1. I think every that tragedy has affected every mother in our country, thinking "what if..." Take some time to be with your kids!

    ReplyDelete