Monday, July 11, 2011

Ethiopian Culture Camp (in pictures)

We returned from Ethiopian Culture Camp yesterday.  I can't find the words to describe how amazing it was. I hope these photos can help tell the story of what Ethiopian Culture Camp means to our family.

bonding

playing

swimming

meeting (Mikias meeting another Mikias!)























reconnecting (Tariku and Jemberu lived together at Horizon House in Ethiopia)


dancing (Ethiopian style!)
smiling (all weekend long)
learning
running

competing (in a friendly way)


Celebrating!


resting..

4 comments:

  1. It was soo great to meet you and watch your boys interact!! I hope that by the time Teg's that age he can really appreciate the connections we all make at these events and smaller ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So great to meet you and Teg as well! Also, thanks for the parting gift, it saved the day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A-MAZING.....I love seeing your kids embracing all parts of this experience! I hope to give this to our daughter in the future (she just turned 2)! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like so much fun! I'm glad they enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete